Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Improvisation

It's tough trying to build a home from scratch. Showroom designs are always impressive but those designs will suck my wallet dry. It has been almost a year now since I moved in to my place and I have barely even got the hall done up. Morever, the kitchen hasn't even been conceptualised yet. The kitchen reminds me of those times when I was staying at a student's house. It's worse than that actually! Darn!


Weekend Improvisation with picture frames and plants in place. These frames are a Miracle! They turn a dull and boring wall into something you wish to look at! Posted by Picasa

I find that placing plants in the house generally livens up the house. It feels refreshing and has a calming effect. I'm not talking about small plants. I'm talking about big palm trees or helicornia plants that has tall branches and big leaves. They make natural wall dividers. I have always wanted to put up a hanging curtain (sort of) from Ikea but it's way too expensive piece to be made a divider. So, one day, I decided to bring a pot of helicornia from the balcony in, put it right where I initially wanted the curtain to hang and VOILA! Now, that's about RM250 in savings! =D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice but I'm not sure if your exposure is to long or the floor lamp is a little bit to bright.

Dzeisen said...

Thanks for your comments. This was merely a snapshot rather than a photographic attempt... :D

Anyway, it's a pretty tricky situation as the whole house is only lighted up by the lamp and dimly litted by the ceiling light, hence; the yellow effect. I did use an external flash though, to brighten up the frame.

Anonymous said...

Your perimeter lighting looks very bright, are you using halogen for them? Your ambient lighting is just nice minus the pendant lamp and I think you need more stand lamps or uplighters.

By the way, that was me above as well.

BAAAAA!

minishorts said...

eh so much nicer than previously! :P
must go when its done up.

Dzeisen said...

Yeah... will definitely invite you when its done up! If timing's right, it'd probably be in 2008! =D