Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tough Decision & Lesson Learnt

I made one of the toughest decisions yet earlier this year. I will leave my current company and move to another establishment. I came to realize that I'm not happy where I am at this point of time and therefore, decided to just pack and leave. A lot of reasons motivated me to leave but it basically boils down to not being able to work with certain people.

I have also came to realize how much lacking I am in my specialization field of Computer Networking during my job interviews. The interviews I went through led me to believe that I am so far behind so many people in terms of technical skill and exposure in corporate scale projects. What really sold myself (as I believe - cheh wah!) was the confidence I exude during the interview sessions. For me, it wasn't even an interview. It was more like a chat session.

On the positive note, I went for 3 interviews and I landed myself with 2 job offers. Not bad eh? I had to turn one down though and it is never an easy thing to choose between companies. Both are excellent establishments but I went for the one that had a wider job scope and, with a better prospect in terms of career advancement.

No comments: