Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Google Map is AMAZING!

Okay... I admit it. Lately, I haven't been in tune with the latest technology online. I knew the existence of Google Map but I didn't really bother to try it out - till a few minutes ago. The satellite imagery is sharp and clear although for some region (including Malaysia), there's a limit to the zoom level. Honestly, I wouldn't know what I'd do with the map... It's not like I could zoom in, say to my office and see myself walking out of it, but the coolness factor alone, literally, blows me away...! I'm BLOWN away! Way to go Google! =D


Malezia as how they say it in Polish... Posted by Picasa


This is one of the maps available for the US. You can basically locate hotels, pizza stores and basically anything you want using Google Map. How cool is that? They even include the directions in the form of red arrows. I wonder how long will it take before we can have something like this locally. Posted by Picasa

For those of you who have heard of Google Map but have yet to see it, go try it out at http://maps.google.com

5 comments:

Jon Choo said...

Well I wouldn't hold your breath. UK has got these kinds of maps for ages. I mean we in Europe has been harnessing the power to TeleAtlas on my PDAs even...!

From what I have been told such detailed maps would require government approval. The images are obtained from Nasa I would presume so I am sure they already have street level images of Malaysia.

Dzeisen said...

Yeah.. agreed! GPS systems that depends on such maps are also widely used in Japan and Europe. No doubt about that. That solution, however comes with a price. Google Map, on the contrary, makes high definition maps with road directions easily accessible to those with merely basic internet connection. Furthermore, the package is FREE!

Loc Kee said...

hey you might like to check on this site:
http://satellitefun.blogspot.com/

shows you how funny our earth looks like :>

Dzeisen said...

Thanks for the URL loc kee! =D It's amazing what shapes we have on this earth.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog posting

regards
web designer