Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Plan Your Trip with ITIS

As I was writing the earlier post about Google Map, I remember seeing signboards along some roads in KL mentioning something about ITIS. I guessed it must have something to do with the traffic but I didn't know what. So, a moment ago, I went to check out their website. ITIS stands for "Integrated Transport Information System" and it is developed by City Hall KL as a tool for city drivers to plan their route and to avoid jam whenever possible.


You can basically zoom in and pan to check out the routes to see the condition of the traffic in colour form. The map is surprisingly quite detail with all the main landmarks in place. Posted by Picasa

While, what you should be looking for is traffic situation, you can also use this as a map. I think this is a good effort by the city council but I think this project should be spread to other states such as Penang and Johore which is also famous for their bad traffic condition during peak hours.

If you are interested, do drop by at http://www.itis.com.my

2 comments:

Loc Kee said...

err... i tried and found:
The requested URL could not be retrieved

maybe they have some other links?

Dzeisen said...

I can't access it now either! The DNS server could be down or perhaps their server is down. Try again tomorrow but I'm sure the URL is correct.