Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bowling Competition with Strangers...

[September 25th 2005]
One day, I received a SMS from Chee How asking me if I want to play bowling for FREE! Of course, I would. Who wouldn't? How about a free lunch that comes with it? =D Sounds too good to be true right? Furthermore we could form a team of our own for this competition. The downside? It is on a Sunday morning and that means, waking up really early!! Anyhow, I agreed. Raja and Whitsney would be going too.

Raja and Whitsney stayed with us the night before and we woke our early arses up so that we could be there in time! Raja drove and he was driving like a mad man coz we are most probably late. The thing was supposed to start at 9.30am. When we arrived, we rushed up to the bowling alley. *u*k! No one was there yet! Then, we went to register ourselves at the registration counter for the competition. Everything was in Mandarin... Okay, luckily mine wasn't too bad - verbally. Furthermore, Whitsney could read in Chinese. I found out that this was a competition for the Chinese Private Schools. Darn! Raja was fuming...!! =D

After half an hour later, Chee How and Nicole turned up. Damn! And he said he just came walking from Taman Titikwangsa... Fulamak! I super pissed man and he told us to come at 9.30am?!! Then the "best" news came to us - "No lunch will be provided" I was like *x%&#*!!! Then, we were told that we are supposed to join the groups of Chinese school students. That was a no-no man! So, we told the organizer and after much persuasion, they decided to let us be in a group by ourselves. I was already preparing myself to strangle Chee How.

Anyhow, everything went well after that. We had a great time challenging ourselves to 2 game sets of bowling. By the 2nd set, our hands were already sore and most of the balls ended up taking a stroll in the drain... =D We ended up 3rd last out of the 15 teams!! Woohoo!! Pathetic... =(


Our Balls of Choice! =D Posted by Picasa


Raja, Chee How and Nicole having a great time... Posted by Picasa


San San performing the "Little Buddha Jump over the Longkang Stunt"... Posted by Picasa


Chee How focusing... trying not to drop the ball... while Whitsney and San San looks on... Posted by Picasa


And the balls go straight ..... pass the bowl... muahahahaha! Posted by Picasa


Raja doing his "Drop ball, roll into longkang" stunt... Posted by Picasa


Stpeh from the "opposition" is in deep focus... ooo... scary... Posted by Picasa


This is me... trying to get a "Strike"... Chee How doesn't believes it... laughs at me! Bugger! Posted by Picasa


This is My Team... =D Posted by Picasa

It was a fun-filled day despite the lack of "promised" food =D After the game, my stomach was already grumbling and I just couldn't wait to go for lunch. The lesson is... "If it's too good to be true, most probably it is..."

No comments: