Friday, June 03, 2005

The best part of the AIESEC Development Traineeship

When I look back to the time when I was in Poland for the PEACE Project in the year 2003, I will always miss the times I had with all my host families. During the 2 months period, I lived with 6 families who were kind enough to host me for a week at each location. During that 1 week, I became part of their lives and theirs in mine. Sometimes, I felt like they were family to me. I remembered how I was communicating with Ewa's mum, who was my first host, for more than an hour (in the pic below) and believe me, she can't even speak a single word of English.

We were both moving our hands up and down, drawing some pictures on paper and making all kinds of gestures just to get our message across. The funny part is, it didn't even feel uncomfortable at all. Ewa's brothers are hilarious for kids their age. See both the brothers below? They are twins!! Yeah and they don't even look alike... When that 1 week was over, Piotr (Peter) was already crying and asking me to stay. Gosh... that was the toughest moment ever. I couldn't even remember how I managed to convince him that I'll come back to find him. Peter, I will come back to find you one day... you, Ewa, your brother and your mum. This I promise you!



All of us were family! Piotr first introduced to me a Polish skiing game... that's how I came to know about Adam Malish (the best Polish ski jumper that season)...! =D


He actually checked up the Encyclopedia for Malaysia's flag and painted that flag all by himself. Now, isn't this what a traineeship is all about? He is only 10 then and he has already know about Malaysia, its climate, its people and our Jalur Gemilang... Posted by Hello

No comments: