Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Weekend at Genting

Last Sunday was definitely a crazy weekend. You see, my friends and I have, much much earlier planned to pay a visit to "Mr Lim" in Genting. However, I thought since no one make any confirmation and Raja (the mastermind) was sick the day before, the plan was to be cancelled. Shockingly, I received a call from Vivien at about 7am on Sunday morning. That's 7am!! Anyway, she asked me if the plan was still on and I told her maybe it's not on anymore but she told me she has already geared up and all ready to go!! I was like "WHAT?!" And then Chee How called me up and said that he's also ready to go... Alamak! I thought I was still dream sleeping. So, I called up Raja to confirm since he was the mastermind of this whole idea. He was like "I am now on my way to your house!" Okay, so, I pressed the "Panick" button!

I couldn't believe it! We're really going up to Genting! I was so sleepy and I feel like sleeping more... but Raja is coming over soon to pick me up! So, I took a quick and cold shower (brrrr...) and by the time I came out, Raja was already outside the house waiting. Shucks! Arrgggghhhh!!! Everything felt so last minute... I hate to rush... it makes me feel out of control...


Anyway, it all went well - at least for now. We are now on the way up to Genting. As soon I was about to step in to the cable car, I received a call... from Whitsney! She called from the States! As you can see here in the picture, Big Chee How is speaking to her...Posted by Hello


This is supposedly the longest and fastest cable car in South East Asia... hmm... interesting. If only the rest of the infrastructures up in Genting is of similar prestige. Posted by Hello


As you can see, we did make it up to Genting... finally, at 11am. We have to be down to catch the bus at 8pm. So, basically, we don't have much time to waste. Let's get down to business and play hard! Posted by Hello

Or should I say, pray hard!

Pray hard that the rain doesn't come! Just when I thought I was in control again, the rain came! Can you believe it? We payed for the Theme Park's full day outdoor pass and because of the rain, we would not be able to play!! =( Carmen asked the staff there if the pass could be exchanged for use in the indoor park but tough luck! Anyway, so, we decided to stay indoors for a while and hope that the rain would stop soon.

This is how the indoor theme park looks like. Posted by Hello

So... the rain didn't exactly quite stop yet after an hour. Well, we had to linger around in the indoor area. There's nothing much we can do. I went around snapping some photos while my friends decides what to do next.

The outdoors in an indoor theme park... Posted by Hello

Raja and Vivien decided to try rock climbing while waiting for the rain to stop. Mind you, it's RM4 per climb! And you can easily guess how much food costs up there!

Vivien is on the way to the top! Posted by Hello


This is Carmen! She is queuing up patiently just to get the passes for our outdoor theme park. We already had the tickets but we need to exchange the tickets for a hand strap. After half an hour of queuing up, she was told that this is not the counter for the hand strap!!! Buggers! Posted by Hello

We were all tired of waiting. We wanted to play badly. So, we headed to the outdoor theme park anyway. We used the indoor skyway to get us there. The person in charge there told us that there are 4 games in the outdoor theme park that we are allowed to play when it rains! I was like "Only 4?!!!" So, we all went to play... I wouldn't even call it playing. It was more like joining the small kids to have fun!

Vivien and me in err... a Pirate Boat? Posted by Hello

No, this is not Dinosaurland you see in Disneyland or Warner Brother Studios or whatsoever. It's a pathetic and slow ride for small kids. We are on this ride because we didn't have to queue long... =D Adult rides are all packed... with err... adults?

Vivien, Raja and Carmen... Posted by Hello


This is what Chee How does when he has nothing to play in Genting Highlands... Mr Lim, please take note ya... Posted by Hello

And so, it was time to go back... and it's only 6pm! =( We didn't get to sit many rides... but it was okay. We had a good time there... (trying to stay positive)...

Okay, we were all so tired... from walking around and queuing up, we couldn't come out with a better pose. So, there! Posted by Hello

Okay... maybe there's one last pose.

Bye bye Genting... see you again in a long... long... long time. Perhaps until you have decided to upgrade your 20 year old rides, make the place less complicated and oh, provide free food and drinks to justify the over priced entrance fee. Posted by Hello

4 comments:

minishorts said...

AHAHA... didn't try the spiderman thing meh? Wazzit called again. that's the newest one... RM10 per ride though.

Dzeisen said...

Yeah... RM10 per ride. Absurd... but nah, even though it's free, I doubt I'll ever try it. I do not want to put to much pressure on my heart =D

Din said...

hi, i actually work up up here and spent 7 months in Theme Park. very sorry to hear about the rain spoiling ur day, but we can't do anything bout the weather.

as for the rm10 ride its the flying coas ter. u see, the price was decided by the chairman AFTER we raised Outdoor TP's prices to enable customers to play this ride as well. this separate pricing will continue for a while.

as for the rides, extensive refurbishment has started with two rides closed for it already.

food will always be expensive, genting is greedy.

sorry bout ur unsatisfactory trip.

Dzeisen said...

Well, I wouldn't say my trip was not satisfactory. We did had a good time despite all the setbacks. It's just that I was hoping that Genting, after all these years, would enhance the rides in the theme park (some rides have been there way back some 20 years ago as I recalled), decorate the place so it doesn't look so messed up and basically redo the whole place so it looks more organized and safe. The entrance fee to both the indoor and outdoor theme parks are exorbitant considering that most rides are not even properly maintained and that it's lucky enough that you get to sit on a ride once because the queue is extremely long.

Genting should look at how Disneyland and other theme parks around the world manages their theme parks. Disneyland's queue maangement is excellent!