Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Good job Ikea!

I recently purchased a Hopen Bedframe from Ikea. This item was at the As-Is items where used, damaged and displayed items were sold at a discounted price. The bedframe was sold at an ex-display item price. The condition was excellent minus a few scratches on the wood which would not be visible, once a mattress is laid on it.

Anyway, I was so excited because my dream bedframe is available at 30% off the normal price. After inspecting the frame and made sure that there were no marks that I can't live with, I proceeded with the purchase.

Upon the delivery, I found that there was a tear on the wood at the frame. The dent / tear revealed the chipboard inside. My heart sank! Gosh... and when I inspect closer, I found another part chipped off at the headboard. I was sure it wasn't there when I inspected it. It was very clear that the part was damaged somewhere during the delivery process. I panicked as it is Ikea's policy that As-Is item cannot be returned. I quickly called up Ikea Customer Service. The person who answered the call asked me a few questions and said will call me back in a few hours.

So they did! She said she could not find a replacement for the damaged parts but Ikea would give me 2 options. One would be a full refund and the other would be a replacement for a new bedframe. However, if I were to choose option 2, I would have to pay the difference for the new one. I was quite reluctant and asked them to give me some time to think about! Not bad eh? They would actually take back my bedframe and refund me in full! This is what Customer Service is all about.

Anyway, since I am a genuine buyer, I told them I would pay the difference for a brand new bedframe. Now, here is the interesting part. Prior to the delivery of the new bedframe, the Ikea Customer Service called me up again and said that they managed to find the parts to replace mine! I literally jumped in joy! The delivery guys came yesterday, took out the damaged parts and replaced it with a new one - at no extra cost to me!

Now, this is one good reason why you should buy furnitures from Ikea... their staff are friendly and they get their job done! I'm another satisfied Ikea customer! Thank you Ikea!!


My new Ikea bedframe!!! Posted by Hello

4 comments:

minishorts said...

wah big. ready for two?

when's baby going to make three? *wink wink*

Dzeisen said...

Haha.. yeah. It's a queen size bed... Baby? Hmm... it's a long way there Chooks =D

Anonymous said...

hey there!

was browsing thru ur blog and i chanced upon this entry.

I bought the Hopen bedframe in Singapore as well and I like it alot. Since I'm in KL now, I'm not enjoying it... :(

Anyway, good to hear that you had good service as well as a good bed now. ;)

Dzeisen said...

Haha... thanks! I'm very happy it all turned out well. There were also some scratches that were already there when I purchased it. With the old parts replaced, I'm basically getting a new bed =D Old scratches gone as well...